“For young children this location is perfect. The rural area, a big garden to play in, the trampoline, the pool and the friends in the adjacent accommodation made my children’s holiday perfect.”
Holiday cottages in Brittany
Our three child friendly holiday cottages or ‘gîtes’ in Brittany, France are set in spacious lawned gardens, with a large heated swimming pool with a reclinable cover (pool open and heated to 28°C April – end of October). Located near the Brittany/Normandy border, the hamlet of La Haute Mancelière provides a great base for visiting the beaches around St Malo, Dinard and Mont St Michel and a little further away, those of the D-Day 1944 Normandy landings. The gîtes are situated in peaceful countryside but are only 5 mins drive from local shops and restaurants. You’ll find animals to feed, bikes to ride, games to play…there is plenty to do here whether you choose to stay at home or go out and about to explore the local area.
The gites can be rented separately or together for larger groups of up to 23 people. Each cottage is completely independent with it’s own private outside dining area which is not overlooked by other cottages. The hamlet itself is located off a quiet road, so there is no danger for children or noise from traffic (except for the occasional passing tractor!). Well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Free unlimited WIFI internet access (fibre optic)
- Free use of lots of baby equipment, cots, high chairs, stairgates etc.
- Covered heated swimming pool, 10 x 5m available April – October
- Direct access from cottages to large enclosed lawned garden, ideal for ball games
- Trampoline, swings & slide
- Free use of 16 bicycles, four with baby/young child seats
- Flat screen TVs (UK freeview & French TV)
- Within easy reach of superb Brittany and Normandy beaches
- 5 minutes drive from shops and supermarket
- ports of St Malo, Cherbourg and Caen all within easy driving distance
- local walks and cycling tracks
“There are places which become very special – La Haute Manceliere is absolutely one of those. It is the subtle combination of many ingredients which makes it so…”