“There are places which become very special – La Haute Manceliere is absolutely one of those. It is the subtle combination of many ingredients which makes it so…”
Holiday cottages in Brittany
Our three child friendly holiday cottages or “gites” in the Brittany region of France are set in two acres of lawned gardens with a large heated swimming pool. They are ideally placed for exploring the beaches around St Malo, Dinard and Mont St Michel and a little further away, those of the D-Day 1944 Normandy landings. Situated in the heart of the countryside, in the peaceful hamlet of La Haute Mancelière, the holiday gîtes are part of a 17th century Breton longhouse which has been tastefully converted, retaining the charm and traditional features of the property such as exposed beams and stone walls.
The family friendly cottages are decorated and furnished to a high standard and are fully equipped with everything you would expect to find in your own home. The cottages are old on the outside, but fully modernised on the inside, with comfortable, modern beds and attractive furniture. The local area is famous for its beaches, forests and chateaux, with many places of interest to visit, such as Mont St Michel, St Malo, Fougères, Dinard and Dinan. The accommodation, grounds, facilities and the fascinating local area combine together to make La Haute Mancelière an ideal holiday location for families. The gites can be rented separately or together for large groups of up to 23 people. Each cottage is completely independent with it’s own private outside dining area, not overlooked by other cottages. The hamlet itself is located off a quiet road, so there is no danger for children or noise from traffic (except for the occasional passing tractor!).
- Free unlimited WIFI internet access
- Lots of baby equipment, cots, high chairs, stairgates etc.
- Swimming pool, 10 x 5m available & heated April – October
- Large lawned gardens, ideal for ball games
- Trampoline, swings & slide
- Free use of 10 bicycles, four with baby/young child seats
- Flat screen TVs (UK freeview & French TV)
- Within easy reach of superb Brittany and Normandy beaches
- 5 minutes drive from shops and supermarket
- ports of St Malo, Cherbourg and Caen all within easy driving distance
- local walks and cycling tracks
“For young children this location is perfect. The rural area, a big garden to play in, the trampoline, the pool and the little friends in the adjacent accommodation made my children’s holiday perfect.”